“Instead of raising children who turn out okay despite their childhood, let’s raise children who turn out extraordinary because of their childhood.”
Where does it make a difference?
A common occurrence in today's schools is that almost every child has seen or been involved with some sort of altercation either there or in their neighborhood. And, if nothing is done about it by either the child, parent, or teacher, these problems can persist for years.
You may have seen on the news where some children and teens have committed suicide from different forms of bullying.
We are committed that this stops.
What is the forefront to end this action?
It starts with your child. It begins with your child having the confidence to say "NO!" and to stand-up for themselves. What they need:
- Self-Awareness to know what is going on around them.
- Discipline to know the appropriate time to use their Martial Arts.
- Courage to face the bully and the situation.
- Honor to do the right thing and to stand-up for others.
- Compassion to be humble and set an example.
Parents, Grandparents, Role-Models, Guardians.
You are the support mechanism to give your children access to the highest quality resources for them handle any situation. It is on you to make sure that they are coming to their Jiu-Jitsu and Leadership classes. You make the difference. Sometimes, a child will begin something and not "feel" like finishing. We are here to support follow-through.
It is not about you feel like doing; it is about what you are committed to. And, honoring your word in what you say you will do. We will partner with you to teach this to your child!
You may not know your child is being bullied.
We have had many of our new students tell us they were scared or embarrassed to tell the teacher or their family about what was going on.
You have the opportunity to prevent unnecessary suffering.
How does it work?
The backbone of our work, Gracie Jiu-Jitsu has your child transform themselves through the use of structured classes that consist of:
- Physical Warm-Ups
- Life Lessons
- Questions & Feedback
- Visual, Tactile, Auditory, and Spacial Learning
- Interactive Training (With Peers and Instructors)
- Role Playing
It is our job here at Nova Mente to create a safe, empowering space for them to share what they are dealing with and have:
- A place where they can get the coaching they need to handle any situation.
- A community to support them at all times.
- A continual conversation of honor and integrity.
- Tools and techniques to physically dominate.
- Live training daily to practice their Jiu-Jitsu.
-We highly suggest getting the Gracie Bully Proof DVD series for your children and you at home!
What we teach goes far beyond the playground.
Jiu-Jitsu is 100% Designed for real-world self-defense situations.
See how a 9 year old boy saves a girl's life with Jiu-Jitsu